How do repeating tasks work?
When a task repeats, the due date will be moved forward by the selected amount of time.
The options that can be selected are:
- None: Do not repeat this task
- Daily: The task will repeat every day
- Weekly: The task will repeat on the same day of each week
- Every 2 weeks: The task will be repeated on every second week
- Every (?) Days/Weeks/Months: Select a custom frequency using days, weeks or months
- On days of the week: Select which days of the week the task will be repeated on
A task will repeat itself when it is completed. A new duplicate task is created with a new due date. The new due date on the duplicate task will be set based on either the date the original task was completed or the due date of the original task.
Note: A task that does not have a due date will be repeated based on the completed date.Examples:
a) A task with a due date of the 3rd of September is set to repeat every five days using the due-date. The task is completed on the 1st of September. A new duplicate task is then created with a due date of the 8th of September.
b) A task with a due date of the 12th of August is set to repeat every three days using the completed date. The task is completed on the 14th of August. A new duplicate task is then created with a due date of the 17th of August.
c) A task with no due date is set to repeat every two days using the due date. The task is completed on the 19th of November. As there is no due date on the original task, the new duplicate task is created with a due date of the 21st of November.